GLADE PETERSON Society
Elevate your Utah Opera experience by joining the Glade Peterson Society.
Take your place in the circle of Utah Opera’s closest supporters, and let us feed your passion for opera with special events and services. Connect with other music lovers and become more involved with Utah Opera.
Benefits of joining the Utah Opera’s Glade Peterson Society include:
- Complimentary parking passes for opera performances at Capitol Theatre
- Season VIP intermission reception passes for two people
- First priority to purchase a pair of season tickets in the Grand Tier
- 20% discount on additional ticket purchases
- Invitation for two people to two Utah Symphony open rehearsals
- Invitations to donor events
- Listing on playbill contributors’ page at corresponding level of support
- Exclusive access to USUO Friends Helpline: 801-869-9015
- One-time 25% coupon to Utah Opera Boutique
- Complimentary coat check
- The opportunity to contribute to a vibrant musical scene and cultural landscape by supporting USUO’s artistic excellence and state-wide education programs
With a $2500 tax-deductible contribution, you’ll become part of the Peterson Society—and with a $5000 contribution, you can join both the Peterson Society and Utah Symphony’s Maurice Abravanel Society.
To join, please call 801-869-9015 or donate online.
About Glade Peterson
Glade Peterson was the founder and General Director of Utah Opera from 1978 until his death in 1990. Traveling from his home in the small farming community of Fairview to the stages of virtually every opera house in the world, Mr. Peterson put Utah on the operatic map, singing leading roles in all of Europe’s major opera houses and appearing with some of the finest singers of the 20th century. While Glade’s travels took him all over Europe and the United States, he remained a cowboy at heart and never forgot the peaceful beauty of his native Utah where he loved to watch the sunset while riding. He fulfilled a life-long dream when he returned to Salt Lake City in 1975, founded the Utah Opera and brought the magic of opera to his fellow Utahns. He shared his love for music with people from all walks of life and inspired many with his vitality and enthusiasm.