Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre Renovation
Starting in Spring of 2019, the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre will undergo a renovation designed to upgrade comfort and access for patrons on the orchestra level. Some of the improvements will include:
- Widening seats to increase comfort and improve leg room
- Altering the slope of the main floor to improve sightlines
- Removing seats to make room for a cross aisle
- Increasing wheelchair access to meet current ADA requirements
*No seat changes will be made to the Grand Tier, Mezzanine, or Balcony seating at this time.
What this means to you:
- If your Utah Opera subscription seats are in one of the upper levels of the theatre, there will be no impact to your seat placement.
- If your Utah Opera subscription seats are on the orchestra level:
- We will make every effort to keep you in or near your current subscription seats. Some seats will not be affected by the changes.
- If your existing subscription seat must be changed, a representative from USUO will reach out prior to the season announcement on February 28, 2019 to discuss availability near your current seats. Changes to your subscription seats will be reflected in your renewal materials.
The improvement in seating capacity also necessitates a change in the pricing for the theatre. If your current subscription seats are affected by a price adjustment, you have options:
- Keep your current seats and pay the new price (which may be higher or lower than your current price)
- Move your Utah Opera subscription seats to a price zone that is comparable to what you are currently paying. Seat request changes that are due to price adjustments may be requested after subscriptions go on sale on February 28, 2019.