MUSIC EDUCATION OFFERINGS FOR STUDENTS
Providing opportunities for students in our community to learn about classical music is an important part of Utah Opera’s mission. We offer a variety of opportunities for individual students and classes to experience Utah Opera.
Junior and senior high school students with their teachers are invited to attend final dress rehearsals of main-stage productions on the Thursday before opening night at the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre. Events run from 7 PM to 10 PM.
- Tickets are required for admission. Please call 801-533-6683 or mail Opera-Tunities order form to 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
- FREE for public/charter school students and their accompanying teachers.
- $5 for private/home school students and their accompanying teachers.
- High school students may order tickets and attend on their own. Teachers are invited to make group orders and accompany their students as chaperones. No more than one adult chaperone per seven students will be admitted. Non-teacher chaperones are $5 per ticket.
UPCOMING OPEN DRESS REHEARSALS
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera hosts masterclasses with visiting guest artists. The public is welcome to audit these classes. Please register below to attend an upcoming masterclass.
HIGH SCHOOL MUSIC CLUBS
You and your friends can enjoy great performances at a low price by organizing a music club in collaboration with Utah Symphony | Utah Opera.
- Gather interested students at your school and, on the corresponding order form, explore the concerts and opera performances you can attend as a High School Music Club:
Public and Charter High School Music Clubs
Private school High School Music Clubs
Homeschool High School Music Clubs
- Decide on a package:
Symphony or Music Clubs: Select four symphony concerts and one opera final dress rehearsal from the provided list. Cost per student is $20 for public and charter schools; $25 per student for private and home schools (basic package).
Opera Clubs: Receive tickets to all four final dress rehearsals. Free for public and charter schools. For private and home schools, the cost per student is $20 (basic package).
- Register your club and order your tickets with Andrew Wilson in our Ticket Office: 801-869-9046
- Enjoy! Consider scheduling a tour of one of our buildings or inviting a musician or staff member to speak to your group.