12 Jun 2020
Fun FactsThe Little Prince
- Le Petit Prince, or The Little Prince, is a novella written and illustrated by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The book was written in French and published in 1943.
- The novella has since been translated into over 300 languages and dialects.
- The Little Prince has been adapted into numerous art forms including movies, plays, radio broadcasts, a graphic novel, a ballet, and of course, an opera.
- One of the more popular adaptions is a 1974 musical film starring Bob Fosse as the Snake and Gene Wilder as the Fox.
- The opera, composed by Rachel Portman with libretto by Nicholas Wright, was commissioned by the Houston Grand Opera and premiered there in 2003. It is sung in English with English supertitles.
- An animated film called The Little Prince premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2015. It is not a straight adaption of the book but rather tells the story of a young girl and the unlikely friendship she creates with an old aviator who shares the story of The Little Prince with her.
Puccini's La bohème
Oct 07 - 15 | Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre
Rachel Portman & Nicholas Wright’s The Little Prince
Jan 20 - 28 | Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre
Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro
Mar 09 - 17 | Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre
May 04 - 12 | Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre