Teacher Materials to accompany "Freeze Frame: The Elixir of Love"
Hey teachers! Thanks for introducing your students to the Wonderful World of Opera. The following materials are designed to supplement the “Freeze Frame: Elixir of Love” Assembly.
- Intro to Opera PowerPoint: A 10 minute narrated PowerPoint that runs just like a video. Show this to your class for a brief preview into the Wonderful World of Opera and an introduction to Utah Opera’s Resident Artists.
During the Assembly!
After the Assembly!
If you would like to follow through with more Opera activities in your classroom, we invite you to dig deeper into the Wonderful World of Opera with these additional opportunities.
- Sign-up for a 15 minute Q&A with one of Utah Opera’s Resident Artists, where your class can ask an opera singer anything!
- Show your class these short opera scenes for a more “theatre” like Opera experience.
- Have your students take the to test their new Opera knowledge and give us helpful feedback!
- Have your students take the post-assembly survey to give us helpful feedback
- We also want your feedback! Fill out this brief teacher survey so we can improve our assembly for future schools.
- Make plans to attend a Utah Opera performance at the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City. Students can attend the dress rehearsals for free.