Teacher Materials to accompany “Opera Up Close”
Hey teachers! Thanks for introducing your students to the Wonderful World of Opera. The following materials are designed to supplement the “Opera Up Close” Virtual Presentation.
- Intro to Opera PowerPoint: A 10 minute narrated PowerPoint that runs just like a video. Show this to your class for a brief preview into the Wonderful World of Opera and an introduction to Utah Opera’s Resident Artists.
- We invite your class to think of questions for the Resident Artists. There will be time for a Q&A after the presentation.
During the Assembly!
After the Assembly!
If you would like to follow through with more Opera activities in your classroom, we invite you to dig deeper into the Wonderful World of Opera with these virtual opportunities.
- Sign-up for a 15 minute Q&A with one of Utah Opera’s Resident Artists, where your class can ask an opera singer anything!
- Show your class these short opera scenes for a more “theatre” like Opera experience.
- Have your students take the post-assembly quiz/survey to test their new Opera knowledge and give us helpful feedback!
- We also want your feedback! Fill out this brief teacher survey so we can improve our assembly for future schools.